Friday, October 30, 2009

Functional Threshold Power test - complete

Why did I feel more nervous about doing this test than racing?
*#^! knows?
It was warm, it was on the trainer, I hadn't done one before, no one else home, was I gunna pass out on a max effort? Why worry? It's just a 'simple test' isn't it?
After following the protocol to the letter/number for warm up, it was BANG! power down!
5mins - yeah, ok
10mins - what only half way?
15mins - ouch, hang in there, whoa feeling a bit...dizzy
20mins - power off, thank ^$*! for that!

That's why I was a bit nervous, scared even, as I won't give up until the task is complete. (maybe that's the problem)
Testardo (stubborn).

Anyways 1st one over, I'll know what I'm in for next time at least.
Does that help? Hmmm...

FTP result? A little better after a month of coaching. I'll wait for Jen's feedback though.

Thanks Jen. I'll get there (damn it!)

The great thing is... I just feeel good on the bike and enjoying it at the moment, MTB and road.

Crits on Sunday, St Kilda or Glenvale.

Gravity 12hour the following w/end, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment