Thursday, August 13, 2009

Spoke(n) Classic + maiden You Yangs roll...

A last moment decision was made to have a crack at the Spoke(n) Classic/Northern combine 100k race .... in A grade.
What???
Oh well I thought I'd be right, maybe not win it or even come close but a goal to survive and learn (Grasshopper) was set. And survive and learn I did. A mix of conservation of energy and work for others where I could. Although I still can't seem to avoid the evil cramp at precicely the wrong time, despite keeping well hydrated with Torq product , resulting in being dropped from my bunch 10k from the end. No matter. Otherwise is was a training exercise and I think I came in 15mins behind the winner. Not too bad in my books for the stage I'm at, at the moment. I enjoyed riding/racing with my Degani/Spoke(n) mates for the first time in a road race. Mal, Tim, JJ, Mark, Jarrod and Simon all rode strongly, top work.

But really, after all that road work, I was looking forward to Sunday at the Yangers with Bruce, JD, Cam Wells, Gez and Jez for a fat tyre adventure on the wonderful trails that make up the network there.
An 8.30am start and 3 hours riding time was perfect and with JD setting a consistant pace most of the time, the legs were tired but ok.
The ASR is such a joy to ride, whatever trails I have used it on so far, I've been stoked with the ride. Perhaps not set-up perfectly yet but the process is underway to get it there. I'll say it again, "...rides like it's on rails" (in a good way).

Onto this weekend.

Starting with the Spoke(n) shop ride on Saturday with maybe an extended roll to Mt Eliza.
Then.
Chase the Sun (round 4)
I have entered to ride solo but will belt out as many laps as I can until I'll have to leave at 12noon to enjoy an afternoon family gathering.

No riding this week thus far but a road session wit Cam Wells to Eltham tonight is on the agenda.



No comments:

Post a Comment