Wednesday, February 17, 2010

St Kilda road crits and Flat Hill Dirt crits

Sunday morning started in a panic. Woke up late to git down to Port Melbourne for a bit o crit action. And when you're not good enough for A grade, you have to race in B grade.
And when you race in B grade at St Kilda you race with anxious cowboys, and anxious cowboys are dangerous. Thankfully, B grade stayed upright, no thanks to some actions of couple of twits in the race. A bunch of 5 got away early and stayed away. I tried to jump across but with no help forthcoming from the bunch, I got stuck in between for a lap and had to fall back. A couple of laps during the race on the front of the chasing bunch and a dig from too far back at the end, that was my race. I'm feeling ok on the bike, that being my first St Kilda crit for the season. It's always a time to train factor and a work in progress.
Last night was a roll down to the Flat Hill Dirt Crits. Small turn out. Had a bad start, followed Neil for a few laps, Rohin and Belly breathing down our necks. Neil washed out on one of the sketchy corners, I snuck by and am now in the lead. I clipped a tree a couple of laps later, Rohin goes by, I'm now in second. Belly's engine is warm now and he goes by as my back is giving me grief and I'm losing power. I'm back in 3rd. I kept Belly in sight but had to be happy with 3rd. Neil was there behind, not sure how far back.
Hard and fast racing as usual.

1st Rohin A
2nd Andy B
3rd me! (again)

1 comment:

  1. I had a complete brain fart in the middle of the race. I pegged back a fair bit of time in the last few laps, but I'd given you way too much of a headstart and you were never going to be caught.

    ReplyDelete