Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tour Down Undies - wrap up

Adelaide was a ball again. Bigger crowds this year, I'm gunna have a different strategy for watching the racing next year, the finishes are just too hard, to see too little. Great to see the current world champ have'n a bit of a dip on the penultimate day and his 3rd place in Sterling, in a bunch sprint n all. He the man, I'm a fan. Pro all the way I say. Other great moments were T.Lowe in the break of 3 on the last stage in Adelaide, and the Gorilla flexing his muscle to win 3 stages. Equally as good as the racing was the few rides I had with a great mate from Mansfield, Jock Brega. He's experienced, consistent and doesn't mind belting along the flats or hitting a few hills. We pretty much rant and rave about bike shit all week. and love it.
Pickle (Coco) had fun too and managed to stay entertained without too much bike overload. The rest of the family stayed at home. I'll drag or take them all along next year. It was great watching the last stage with my soon to be father in-law, who is living in Adelaide and as it turns out, resides tracksde. So we watched the race under the shade of a large tree, at the top of the climb, with a large screen showing the race opposite, GOLD!
No masters racing this year, didn't renew my licence in time (and maybe that I'm just not feeling quick enough just yet after my break).

No comments:

Post a Comment